PanXchange is an established global marketplace that was launched successfully in 2011. In collaboration with the Singapore Exchange (SGX), PanXchange will build regional trading platforms in agriculture and other commodities, as the two companies share the belief that efficient underlying markets lead to robust derivative markets. PanXchange is looking for a junior hire in this region. Candidates will be high-energy, and ambitious to assist our Singapore office in establishing PanXchange's presence. This person will report directly to the company CEO, working closely with the team in Denver on strategy, new market development and regional growth in agriculture, energy, other commodity sectors and data sales.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Develop regional business strategy and direction and work closely with Senior Executive Team to implement corporate strategic initiatives
- Act as market lead for first regional marketplace, garnering a quorum of industry support pre-launch and creating a user community
- Build the PX brand and drive customer loyalty with thought leadership initiative
- Create daily, weekly and in-depth market reports and analysis
- 2+ years of experience around the trading of physical commodities with a large or mid-sized international trade house, rubber sector preferred
- In-depth understanding of supply and demand fundamentals and effects on physical commodity flows (i.e. price hedge vs physical long/short)
- Must understand the problems and opportunities of all stakeholders across the supply chain: producers, processors, trade houses and end users
- Proven results developing strong relationships with C level clientele, Ability to call on new and existing customers
- Must be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills, initiative and communication skill
- Willing to travel up to 50%
- Must have proof of ability to work full time in Singapore with valid passport
- Bilingual English and Mandarin
- Experience driving customer loyalty and revenue through sales of data products, agricultural sectors preferred
- Cross-commodity, cross-industry & cross-geography trading experience (ie: natural rubber trading in Singapore and crude oil in London)
About The Company
PanXchange is an award-winning OTC physical commodity trading platform in existence since 2011. Designed by veteran Cargill trader, the software platform allows buyers and sellers to negotiate specific details of a trade, including the location and timing of delivery and the exact quantity and quality of the commodity. This is all done anonymously, in real time, with counterpart management and with no costs related to clearing and regulation.
Based in Denver, CO, the company successfully piloted its platform in the world market sugar and U.S. feed grains and has been live in East Africa for three years, offering the negotiation and trade of more than 30 different agricultural commodities.
In October 2017, PanXchange successfully launched the first ever platform for the 125 million ton proppant market (frac sand). Two months later, the company began issuing the industry's first official price assessment and benchmark leading to the establishment of the PX Data division. PanXchange will open its fifth location in Singapore in Q3 2018
We are a team of dynamic independent thinkers who work hard and play hard. Self-starters who take initiative to get things done are the best fit in our company. What’s most exciting is that in a company of this size, you have enormous opportunity to drive your career up the path that you find most exciting--- managing teams, exploring new markets, geographies, etc.
For further information, please contact email@example.com. Please include a brief cover letter why you are interested in the company and why you feel you would be a good fit.