PanXchange (PX) is a market structure solution and web-based OTC physical commodity trading platform that specializes in thin and nascent markets. Designed by a veteran Cargill trader, the Denver-based software platform allows buyers and sellers to negotiate specific details of a trade, including the location and timing of delivery and the exact quantity and quality of the commodity-- all of it anonymously, in real time, with counterpart management. The company has been live in East Africa for two years, offering the negotiation and trade of more than 20 different agricultural commodities. In October 2017, PX successfully launched the first ever platform for the negotiation and trade of the 100 million ton proppant market (frac sand). PanXchange is protected by two US patents with four pending and was selected in 2016 as a Futures Industry Association Innovator.
PanXchange is a young company with an exciting work environment. We have a team of dynamic independent thinkers who work hard and play hard. You will not have a micro manager, so self-starters who take initiative to get things done are the best fit. What’s most exciting is that in a company of this size, you have enormous opportunity to drive your career up the path that you find most exciting--- managing teams, exploring new markets, geographies, etc.
- Two to three years in physical commodity trading, completion or drilling engineering, and/or upstream oil and gas procurement/supply chain.
- In-depth understanding of supply and demand fundamentals and effects on physical commodity flows
- Working knowledge of both upstream and downstream oil and gas industry and strong network of contacts within
- Must know the difference between a price hedge and a physical long or short
- Ability to call on new and existing customers
- Ability to present PanXchange core concepts to C-level executives
- Willing to travel up to 50%
- Must be a US Citizen with valid passport or someone with a valid work visa for the US
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bi-lingual (Spanish, French or Arabic)
- Experience booking multiple modes of transport (trucking/rail/barge/vessels)
- Prior experience trading in financial or commodity markets
Compensation commensurate with experience. Position could be based in Denver, Houston or Dallas/Ft Worth. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a brief cover letter why you are interested in the company and why you feel you’d be a good fit.