Field Representatives, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda
PanXchange is actively searching for field representatives located throughout Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania to help continue the rapid growth and expand the platform within East Africa, and assist with connecting to the global trading markets. The field representatives must possess strong market knowledge and reach in the agricultural sector. The position will be a combination of client development, office management, and liaison.
Responsibilities and Goals:
Build existing and develop new client relationships through strong communication and field visits
- Support clients throughout the complete trading cycle from registering, familiarizing with the system, post-transaction fulfillment, to entering new orders.
- Encourage use of PanXchange platform for buying and selling of maize, wheat and other commodities offered. Aggregate client feedback on concerns with web-based trading, front-end customization suggestions, and desired or required policies to promote increased use of the platform
- Hunt for new opportunities regionally as well as in other commodity and trading markets, leveraging existing customers and users as well as finding new routes.
Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, comfortable managing and growing a regional office, and have a strong knowledge of African agricultural and commodity market linkages.
Kenya, Uganda, or Tanzania citizenship or valid work permit
- Strong network of local suppliers and buyers of maize, wheat, soy, pulses, and other agricultural products
- Strong knowledge of East African agricultural markets
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; very comfortable utilizing all networking techniques – social media, cold calls, email, meet-ups
- Local travel required to customer-facing meetings and events
- Prior success implementing agricultural programs, preferably throughout multiple East African countries
- Prior international work experience in commodities and proven success working with a team comprised of international backgrounds
- Must be self-motivating, with excellent leadership and problem solving skills
- Last, and certainly not least—you operate with unquestionable integrity, possess a strong sense of personal responsibility, enthusiasm, and a winning attitude
Salary will be primarily commission based, with the possibility to join the PanXchange team as a full time employee.
Please send resume and cover letter using link below.