In addition to working with work with current clients, the Uganda Manager position will seek out new producers, traders, processors, and end users locally within Uganda to continue the rapid growth and expand the platform within East Africa. S/he will also assist PXAfrica in developing linkages to global trading markets on behalf of our member base. The manager must possess strong market knowledge and reach in the agricultural sector. The position will be primarily client development. This role will be based in Uganda, location variable but preferably in Kampala, Jinja, or Tororo. The manager will cultivate the PanXchange brand to serve as an example for new market development.
This is a high-growth opportunity for a bright, self-motivating individual and the opportunity to join the international PanXchange team full time. Our culture is designed to promote creativity, collaboration and success. We are chartering a path for major growth in the coming years and seek your passion and drive to fuel that growth.
We expect the manager to be a catalyst for expanding our product offerings both by geography and by commodity. This is an exciting role for someone with an agricultural business background and an entrepreneurial spirit, and strong potential to become a key player career with a high-growth, international company.
- Build existing and develop new client relationships through strong communication and field visits
- Support clients throughout the complete trading cycle from registering, familiarizing with the system, post-transaction fulfillment, to entering new orders.
- Encourage use of PanXchange platform for buying and selling of maize, wheat and other commodities offered. Aggregate client feedback on concerns with web-based trading, front-end customization suggestions, and desired or required policies to promote increased use of the platform
- Hunt for new opportunities regionally as well as in other commodity and trading markets, leveraging existing customers and users as well as finding new routes.
Responsibilities and Goals:
Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, comfortable managing and growing a regional office, and have a strong knowledge of African agricultural and commodity market linkages.
- Kenya, Uganda, or Tanzania citizenship or valid work permit
- Strong network of local suppliers and buyers of maize, wheat, soy, pulses, and other agricultural products
- Strong knowledge of East African agricultural commodities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; very comfortable utilizing all networking techniques – social media, cold calls, email, meet-ups
- Local travel required to customer-facing meetings and events
- Prior success implementing agricultural programs, preferably throughout multiple East African countries
- Must be self-motivating, with excellent leadership and problem solving skills
- Last, and certainly not least—you operate with unquestionable integrity, possess a strong sense of personal responsibility, enthusiasm, and a winning attitude