Commodity Manager - OCTG
PanXchange is a web-based OTC physical commodity trading platform. Designed by a veteran Cargill trader, the software platform allows buyers and sellers to negotiate specific details of a trade, including the location and timing of delivery and the exact quantity and quality of the commodity -- all of it anonymously, in real time, with counterpart management and no costs related to clearing and regulation. Based in Denver, the company has successfully piloted its platform in world market sugar and U.S. feed grains. PanXchange has been live in East Africa for nearly three years, offering the negotiation and trade of more than 25 different agricultural commodities. In October 2017, PanXchange successfully launched the first ever platform for the negotiation and trade of the 100 million ton proppant market (frac sand). In December 2017, PanXchange began issuing an official price assessment methodology for a FOB Odessa, TX benchmark price. This price is published on a weekly basis, offering week-ahead spot prices. PanXchange is protected by two U.S. patents, with four more pending, and was selected in 2016 as a Futures Industry Association Innovator.
If you understand 75% of the above description and have experience in the OCTG market, then we’d love to speak with you. We are looking for qualified business development specialists to help grow our newest markets in energy.
PanXchange is a young company with an exciting work environment. We have a team of dynamic independent thinkers who work hard and play hard. You will not have a micromanager, so self-starters who take initiative to get things done are the best fit. What’s most exciting is that in a company of this size, you have enormous opportunity to drive your career down the path that you find most exciting--- managing teams, exploring new markets, geographies, etc.
- Two to three years in OCTG procurement, distribution, or sales
- In-depth understanding of supply and demand fundamentals and effects on physical commodity flows
- Working knowledge of upstream oil and gas industry and a strong network of contacts within
- Ability to call on new and existing customers
- Ability to present PanXchange core concepts to C-level executives
- Willing to travel up to 35%
- Must be a US Citizen with valid passport or someone with a valid work visa for the US
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bi-lingual (Spanish, French or Arabic)
- Experience booking multiple modes of transport (trucking/rail/barge/vessels)
- Prior experience trading in financial or commodity markets
Compensation commensurate with experience. The position will be based in Houston, Texas. For further information, please contact email@example.com. Please include a brief cover letter why you are interested in the company and why you feel you’d be a good fit.